Monday 19 March 2012

Sunny But Cold


The sun was out, she even let off heat ... but the water was colder than yesterday - early morning frost is to "blame" ... the reflections on the pool and the clarity of the water made up for the drop (by a degree) in water temperature ... we were back to just, but really only just above 7C!

looks like the fountain is getting a new look ...
hang on a minute : workman on the phone ... nothing new there ...

Alex pushing off after his tumble turn ...
I already had my goggles on when I took this shot ...
I couldn't see anything .. so I was really surprised to get Alex in frame ..

After my swim I stayed in a bit to take more shots ...
I was still struggling due to my goggles, they were steamed up ...
again I couldn't see what I had in frame
I just went by feeling ...

felt like in a Panto ... "he's behind you!"
so I quickly turned around, Vince appeared ...
time to turn around again ...
all at very quick succession .. here is Alex

followed by a solitary leaf

Jane has had enough ... for today ...
she's heading towards the steps and out of the pool

while Nando had only just started his training session ...

Carl and Nando are off the Rio soon for the swim
between the two fortresses on Copacabana Beach -
one of you please remind me how many kilometres you will be swimming on the day?

snorting Carl

Nando spotted me and swam straight towards me .. pinching me ...
I reacted fast though and caught him up close and personal!

face lift almost completed ...
workman on a coffee break :)

I've just been on Alex's post of the day ...I wasn't sure whether he was taking any photos today as his camera was still suffering from condensation ... but he has! Todays entry is aptly called "Copacabana"
The swim Carl and Nando are doing is called
Travessia dos Fortes - as mentioned above, it's the crossing between 2 forteresses ...
A yearly event which our competing SLSC members are going to take "very seriously!"

In true to Brazilian style, it says on the official website for the swim that the distance is approximately 3400 meters so almost 3.5 KM - You can do that, boys!
There is of course the effect of the current to be taken into consideration!



1 comment:

  1. I love the leaf suspended like that. I got a bit of a scare today when I suddenly saw a big leaf (maybe that one) in the water, I though it was anoher swimmer right in front of me! Tumble turn shot is good as well, beautifully framed.

    ReplyDelete